Friday 14 October 2011

Illustration Friday - Scattered

A fabric of scattered spring flowers. One design from my collection called Kitty Jay that I have just completed for my Spoonflower fabric shop. The fabric is inspired by Dartmoor and the sad legend of Kitty Jay, a poor servant girl who died and was buried at a lonely crossroads on the wild moor. To this day there are always fresh flowers like these foxgloves, bluebells, and snowdrops, laid on her grave and no one knows who puts them there.
The haunting melancholic atmosphere of the story and the beauty of Dartmoor is all portrayed in a beautiful song called Kitty Jay by the amazingly talented Seth Lakeman. 
I have tried to convey some of the atmosphere of the interwined legend of poor Kitty Jay and the wild beauty of the moor, with my scattered flowers.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pattern and really well done. Found you through IF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pattern and colours, so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post and your beautiful floral pattern fits the story so perfectly. I've really been enjoying stopping by your blog! Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete